Search by Keyword
- Easy and rapid with 20 min procedure using spin column
- High DNA recovery
-Extract and purify DNA fragments (70 bp-12 Kb) from standard or low-melting agarose gel in TAE or TBE buffer
Components DNA Gel extraction micro kit 50 Preps (cat# 604)
Gel Extraction Buffer: 50ml
5xWash Buffer*: 20ml
Elution Buffer: 5ml
Tini spin column with collection tube**: 50
*Add 100% ethanol before use: add 80 ml 100% ethanol to20 ml 5xWash buffer.
**Tini Spin columns can be order separately for leftover solution (cat#EZC106, $39 for 50 columns)
Gel Extracion Buffer contains chaotropic salt. Please use proper safety precautions and always wear gloves when
handling the reagent. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. In case of accidental spill or contact, wash
thoroughly with water, seek medical advice if necessary.
This kit is designed for small amount DNA fragment recovery and concentration from agarose gel using Tini spin
columns (Cat#EZC106). The elution volume for Tini spin column can be as low as 5μl.
1. Excise the DNA fragment from the gel with a clean scalpel, weight and transfer it to a clean tube.
2. Add 200μl Gel Extracion Buffer into each 50mg of gel slice.
3. Incubate at 60oC for about 10 min till the gel slice is completely dissolved. Increase the
temperature to 85oC, incubation time, or add more extraction buffer if the gel concentration is
more than 2%. Note: If the color of the mixture turns a blue or purple color, adjust pH by adding
a small volume of 3M Sodium acetate (pH 5.0).
4. Load the sample mixture onto the Tini Spin Column (or Mini spin Column) and spin in a
microcentrifuge for 1 min at full speed (about 10,000 rpm). Do not load more than 350 μl of
sample on the Tini spin column (or 750 μl on Mini spin column) at one time. Discard the flow
through and load more sample mixture if needed.
5. Wash the column by adding 300 μl of Wash Buffer (ethanol added) and centrifuge for 1 min.
6. 5. Wash once by adding 300 μl of 80% ethanol and centrifuge for 1 min (Option).
7. 6. Discard flow through and place the column back in the same tube. Centrifuge the tube with lid
open for 2 min. Note: this step is important since the residual ethanol may affect downstream
8. Place the column in a clean 1.5 ml micro-centrifuge tube.
9. Add 5-20 μl or more distilled water or elution buffer (preheated at 65oC for better yield) to the
center of the column and leave at room temperature for 5 min. Spin the column for 1 min to
elute DNA from the column.
Note: All prices in US Dollars