Streamline your PCR with abm’s 2X PCR MasterMix. abm’s 2X PCR MasterMix provides all ingredients necessary for PCR in a premixed and optimized format that simplifies the PCR workflow. Utilizing different Taq DNA Polymerases, abm offers a variety of highly sensitive MasterMixes to accommodate a wide range of DNA templates and performance needs. abm’s MasterMix with dye includes, in addition, an inert blue dye and a stabilizer which allow for direct loading of the PCR product(s) onto an agarose gel.
The use of Bloodirect DNA Polymerase in this MasterMix offers:
• Elimination of lengthy DNA purification steps
• Direct amplification from fresh or frozen blood preserved in EDTA, citrate or heparin
• Whole blood PCR
5 x 1 ml vials
Store at -20°C.
1. Whole blood samples containing sodium citrate, sodium EDTA, potassium EDTA, or sodium heparin are recommended.
2. Blood volume higher than 10 % (v/v) would increase the difficulties in recovering aqueous supernatant from blood cell debris that remains after PCR.
3. Dry blood stored on Guthrie cards or 903 cards (Whatman, NJ) can be used directly by adding 1 mm punch disc to PCR reaction
4. For blood stored on FTA cards (Whatman, NJ), first incubate a 1 mm punch disc in 50 μl of water at 55°C for 5 minutes, then discard the water and use the disc directly in PCR reaction.
6. Up to 10% (v/v) DMSO can be used for high-GC targets.