Search by Keyword
Description: Diaminobenzidine (DAB) is oxidized by horseradish peroxidase (HRP) to give a dark-brown color. It is a sensitive colorimetric substrate used with HRP in immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunoblotting applications.
1. DAB stock solution (40.): 2.5 ml
2. DAB buffer: 100 ml
Store at 4oC.
Recommended Assay Procedure for Immunohistochemistry:
1. Before DAB staining, add one drop (25 μl)
of DAB chromogen for every 1 ml of DAB buffer. The mixed DAB substrate solution can be stored for up to 6 hours. Storing the reagent for longer periods of time will cause precipitate formation.
2. Apply the mixed DAB substrate reagent to the tissue section after it has been incubated with the appropriate horseradish peroxidase (HRP) conjugated reagents and washing is complete.
3. Approximately 75-100 μl (3-4drops) of the mixed DAB substrate reagent should be sufficient to cover the entire tissue section.
4. Incubate the section with the mixed DAB reagent for 2-10 minutes or until the desired color intensity is obtained.
Warning: DAB is a possible carcinogen. Please take necessary precautions.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.
Note: All prices in US Dollars