Extraction-free DNA amplification from whole blood samples with abm’s Bloodirect DNA Polymerase. With this unique enzyme, DNA can be amplified in reactions containing up to 20% (v/v) whole blood sample without a separate DNA purification step. As a result, the use ofabm’s Bloodirect DNA Polymerase offers an overall reduction in contamination risk, experimental run time, and cost of genetic testing.
With abm’s Bloodirect DNA Polymerase, you can
• Eliminate lengthy DNA purification steps
• Achieve direct amplification from fresh or frozen blood preserved in EDTA, citrate or heparin
• Whole blood PCR
Enzyme supplied with 5X buffer
Store all components at -20°C.
1. Whole blood samples containing sodium citrate, sodium EDTA, potassium EDTA, or sodium heparin are recommended.
2. Blood volume higher than 10 % (v/v) would increase the difficulties in recovering aqueous supernatant from blood cell debris that remains after PCR.
3. Dry blood stored on Guthrie cards or 903 cards (Whatman, NJ) can be used directly by adding 1 mm punch disc to PCR reaction
4. For blood stored on FTA cards (Whatman, NJ), first incubate a 1 mm punch disc in 50 μl of water at 55°C for 5 minutes, then discard the water and use the disc directly in PCR reaction.
6. Up to 10% (v/v) DMSO can be used for high-GC targets.