BMP2 belongs to the transforming growth factor-beta (TGFB) superfamily. Bone morphogenic protein induces bone formation. BMP2 is a candidate gene for the autosomal dominant disease of fibrodysplasia (myositis) ossificans progressiva.
Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a homodimeric, non-glycosylated, Polypeptide chain containing 115 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 26018 Dalton.
The BMP-2 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
BMP-2 was lyophilized from a concentrated (1mg/ml) sterile solution containing 20mM NaAc pH=4.
It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 in sterile 20mM AcOH (acetic Acid) not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Lyophilized Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution BMP2 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Please prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Greater than 95.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Amino acid sequence:
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Gln-Ala-Lys-His.
1. The ED50 as determined by the cytolysis of MC3T3-E1 cells is < 50 ng/ml.Protein content:
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 1.4 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of BMP-2 as a Reference Standard.
2. When implanted in the mouse thighbone muscle and grow for 14 days, Muscle tissue was harvested and examined biochemically for calcium uptake. Our unit defined as 1 microgram calcium absorbed. The specific activity is more than 1000 Units/mg.
3. The activity of BMP-2 was tested using alkaline phosphatase, the activity in mouse muscle myoblast C2C12 cell line was found to be 1 x 105 U/mg protein.
4. The ectopic osteogenesis capacity is 1000mg fresh bone per 1mg of BMP-2.
ProSpec’s products are furnished for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. The product may not be used as drugs, agricultural or pesticidal products, food additives or household chemicals.